Widowed Friends is a community for people who have lost a spouse or partner. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to join. We look forward to meeting you!
Are You Ready to Join?
It’s easy to become a member, just follow these easy steps!
- Review our Membership Options.
- Click on one of the Membership options.
- Complete the Membership Application Online.
- Read and accept the Terms of Membership and Health & Safety Waiver.
- Submit your annual payment on our secure payment platform. You will receive a confirmation email when your application and payment have been received.
A refund is issued only within the first 30 days after joining the group. If a refund is requested within this time frame, a $25 administration fee will be deducted from the membership amount that was paid before a refund is issued.
Note: Prospective members may be asked to attest to proof of loss. Supporting documents can be, but are not limited to, a death certificate or obituary.
Widowed Friends Within Ontario
Annual Special events
Widowed Friends Outside Ontario
Annual Special Events
We recommend that prospective members wait 8 – 12 weeks following a loss before applying to join our community, to ensure they’ve taken time to deal with the initial stages of grief.
If you require professional bereavement support, please contact your family physician.
Extra charges may apply for some special events.
What’s one thing you’ve learned from this group that has made a positive impact on your life?