Widowed Friends helps support positive changes to the wellbeing of widows and widowers
Through inclusion, friendship, and an understanding of the unique challenges widowed people face.
We focus on helping members regain social connections, encourage personal growth and offer support in rebuilding a positive future after loss.
As the Widowed Friends community evolves due to the global pandemic, the values and guidelines of the group will evolve as well. We are finding new ways to stay connected including virtual experiences to help members remain safe with physical distancing
Widowed Friends members, Directors, Staff and Volunteers pledge to treat one another with respect and dignity.
To ensure that we all share in and understand the responsibilities of membership with Widowed Friends, we have established a Terms of Membership Agreement that define our group’s core values to which we hold ourselves and individuals accountable.
- Widowed Friends is exclusively for individuals who have lost a spouse or partner and who can attest to Proof of Loss upon request. Supporting documents can be death certificate or obituary notice.
- Participation in the Widowed Friends community requires a paid membership, such membership to be in good standing.
- Widowed Friends members are to be courteous and respectful to all others within its membership population.
- As this is a social group for widowed people, anyone who makes unwelcome advances to individuals within the group will be removed and membership will be canceled.
- Anyone who utilizes this group in an attempt to solicit money or from individuals within the group will be removed and membership will be canceled.
- Any attempts to promote/sell products or services not previously approved by the Organizers and/or for any solicitation of the group or its membership will be removed and membership will be canceled.
- Non-Widowed Friends events are not to be promoted or advertised at an event organized by Widowed Friends, without prior approval from the Leadership team.
- Organizers will not condone any forms of harassment or inappropriate conversations including bullying, racism profanity or conversations of a sexual tone. If you are found to be behaving or communicating in this manner whether on-line or in person, you will be removed and membership will be canceled.
- Widowed Friends members come from different faith traditions. While we respect each member’s right to practice their own religion, any verbal or written communication or the encouragement of participation in their faith or rituals is not permitted within the organization.
- Individuals are responsible for their own safety and conduct, including their decision to share personal information with others and to develop friendships outside the group.
- Widowed Friends is dedicated to individual widows and widowers – we do not promote dating relationships within the group or allow use of our events for such purpose. We congratulate anyone who remarries while a member of the community, however, as the community is focused exclusively on widowed individuals, remarriage immediately ends membership in the group.
- Widowed Friends IN-Person Participation Policy – Covid-19** Widowed Friends Ltd. mission is to ensure a safe environment for all members. The vast majority of our members are part of a population that is vulnerable to Covid-19 and any existing or potential variants. Businesses have a duty to protect their staff and customers. In order to provide a safe, worry-free environment for all members, in-person events may only be attended by members who are fully vaccinated (two doses of Canadian approved vaccines). Those who are not vaccinated or still in the vaccination process are welcome to join us on any virtual event. ** This policy is subject to change as the situation evolves.
We reserve the right to suspend or cancel a membership from Widowed Friends at our sole discretion for failure to comply with the Terms of Membership Agreement.
If you have any questions about the Terms of Membership Agreement, please contact us at email@example.com
*Widowed Friends is a name and style that operates under the Widowed Friends Ltd. corporate entity.