Terms of Membership
We want our members to be fully informed and knowlegable about our policies. Please review the Terms of Membership carefully and confirm your agreement to them to then proceed to the Application Form.
Terms of Membership Agreement
Widowed Friends helps support positive changes to the wellbeing of widows and widowers through inclusion, friendship, and an understanding of the unique challenges widowed people face. We focus on helping members regain social connections, encourage personal growth and offer support in rebuilding a positive future after loss.
As the Widowed Friends community evolves due to the global pandemic, the values and guidelines of the group will evolve as well. We are finding new ways to stay connected including virtual experiences to help members remain safe with physical distancing
Widowed Friends members, Directors, Staff and Volunteers pledge to treat one another with respect and dignity.
To ensure that we all share in and understand the responsibilities of membership with Widowed Friends, we have established a Terms of Membership Agreement that define our group’s core values to which we hold ourselves and individuals accountable.
- Widowed Friends is exclusively for individuals who have lost a spouse or partner and who can attest to Proof of Loss upon request. Supporting documents can be death certificate or obituary notice.
- Participation in the Widowed Friends community requires a paid membership, such membership to be in good standing.
- Widowed Friends members are to be courteous and respectful to all others within its membership population.
- As this is a social group for widowed people, anyone who makes unwelcome advances to individuals within the group will be removed and membership will be canceled.
- Anyone who utilizes this group in an attempt to solicit money or from individuals within the group will be removed and membership will be canceled.
- Any attempts to promote/sell products or services not previously approved by the Organizers and/or for any solicitation of the group or its membership will be removed and membership will be canceled.
- Non-Widowed Friends events are not to be promoted or advertised at an event organized by Widowed Friends, without prior approval from the Leadership team.
- Organizers will not condone any forms of harassment or inappropriate conversations including bullying, racism or conversations of a sexual tone. If you are found to be behaving or communicating whether on-line or in person, you will be removed and membership will be canceled.
- Individuals are responsible for their own safety and conduct, including their decision to share personal information with others and to develop friendships outside the group.
- Widowed Friends is dedicated to individual widows and widowers – we do not promote dating relationships within the group or allow use of our events for such purpose.
- We congratulate anyone who remarries while a member of the community, however, as the community is focused exclusively on widowed individuals, remarriage immediately ends membership in the group.
We reserve the right to suspend or cancel a membership from Widowed Friends at our sole discretion for failure to comply with the Terms of Membership Agreement.
If you have any questions about the Terms of Membership Agreement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Widowed Friends Values: Inclusiveness, Caring, Respect, Kindness Responsibility
I’d like to find out more information.
Enter your name and email to receive more information and updates from Widowed Friends
What Our Members Say…
"Joining Widowed Friends Zoom meetings is like walking into your living room and finding all your friends there! It's been wonderful to have so many Zoom meetings each week to connect with others and feel a part of a larger community. "
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that works so hard in the group for providing this network for people like myself and others.
I have never joined a group like this and was hesitant at first. I was welcomed and felt a sense of belonging and a real connection.
I felt alone and isolated due to Covid until I joined Widowed Friends. I quickly made friends and found others with something in common. They get it. I value the time, effort and support from the group. It’s a life saver.
Widowed Friends has helped ease my new journey into widowed life since we are all of like minds. It has helped make my life more meaningful.
I can’t come close to expressing my gratitude and love for our Widowed Friends group.
Being widowed, lonely, then moving to Oakville and only knowing my son and his family, Widowed Friends has been a godsend to me. With this group I met lovely new friends and this group opened up for me a wonderful new life with lots of social activities.
Since joining Widowed Friends, my loneliness and sadness, as a result of my wife’s death, have decreased. This personal change, is due to the warm interactions, offered to me, from the many widows and widowers I meet, at the socials. Thanks to everyone for your sincere caring.
I think it’s fair to say that Widowed Friends saved my life. My husband died of a particularly aggressive cancer last winter. The shock and tragedy of it shook all the joy out of me. I was so very lonely… Widowed Friends threw me a lifeline when I was drowning.