Pasta e Fagioli
A hearty pasta and bean soup
- Medium saucepan
- 2 slices bacon, chopped finely
- 1 small onion
- 1 rib celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz
- 3/4 cup canned cannellini beans, rinced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup ditalini pasta (little tubes) substitute mini elbows or tubettini
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Add onion, celery, oregano, salt and pepper and cook until softened 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth, beans, pasta, & tomatoes, turn heat up and cook until pasta is al dente. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.