Fancy up everyday carrots for two side dishes
- 10 inch skillet
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch on the bias
- 1/2 cup chicken or veggie broth
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, in 4 pieces
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring carrots, broth and 2 tsp of sugar to boil in a 10 inch skillet over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer stirring occasionally until carrots are almost tender when poked with a paring knife, about 5 minutes
- Uncover, increase heat to medium high stirring until liquid is reduced to 1 tablespoon, 1-2 minutes
- Stir in butter & remaining tsp of sugar and cook stirring frequently until carrots are completely tender and the glaze is lightly golden.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.