French Potato Salad
A vinegar based potato salad for 2 meals.
- 1 Medium saucepan
- 12 oz small red potatoes, upeeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced taragon
- Place potatoes and 1 Tablespoon salt in a medium saucepan, add water to cover by 1", cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Reserve 2 Tbsp of the potato cooking water.
- Whisk the reserved potato cooking water with the oil, vinegar, garlic and mustard mustard in a large bowl and add the warm potatoes gently tossing to coat. Let sit 10 minutes
- Add shallot, parsley, tarragon and some pepper to taste and serve immediately.