Butternut Squash Soup
A winter warming soup for two
- Medium saucepan
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut in 1 inch pieces Appx 3 cups
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth more if needed
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat until shimmering and cook the squash,onion and sugar, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and sage and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth and simmer until squash is tender. Add half and half.
- When mixture is cool, put in blender and process until smooth. Don't blend when it's too hot!
- Re-heat, stir in parsley, adjust salt and pepper.